What is supply chain administration BPO?
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the contracting of the operational responsibility of business functions and processes to a third-party service provider. As the thought leader in supply chain administrative outsourcing, Sherwood International can provide you with services from basic administration of one or two supply chain functions to managing your total supply chain. Our service offering spans sourcing, procurement, logistics, export documentation arrangements and warehousing.
Companies choose to outsource business processes and the administrative management of their supply chain for any of the following reasons:
- lack of skills, resources, knowledge and core competencies to perform administrative function internally;
- lack of supply chain processes knowledge;
- lack of significant purchasing power due to low value of initial procurement spend;
- management of the administration function is expensive and time-consuming;
- greater opportunity to improve profitability by focusing on core business.