Sherwood International is a forward-thinking company that actively embraces social media. The company is committed to utilizing social media to enhance its profile and reputation, to listen and respond to customer opinions and feedback, and to drive revenue, loyalty and advocacy. As a relatively new communications medium, social media can offer many benefits to the company, customers, employees and other stakeholders. However, without clear guidelines there is also the risk of misleading other participants, and harm being caused to the companys reputation.
Employees are encouraged to become fans and followers of the companys profiles and to share company-generated content within their personal networks. However, the companys channels are administered by designated key contacts only, and all official messaging must be approved and distributed by them. If you have content you wish to share via these channels, please forward it to them for review.
The aim of these guidelines is to communicate our business policies and provide guidance for Sherwood International employees, and others representing the company in social media activities.
- We will not use false or fake personas
- We will not pretend to be impartial individuals in order to promote the company, its brand, products or services.
- Only those authorised to do so in their job description or contract should undertake social media activity on behalf of the company. Others should refrain from doing so. This includes responding to any comments posted.
- Any personal social media communication on matters that relate to the company must include a disclaimer approved by the Marketing Manager that the content is their personal view and not the official view of the company.
- We do not provide any confidential or proprietary information.
- Sherwood respects copyright and ensures that it has the right to use content before publishing. Employees must respect trademarks, copyrights, intellectual property and proprietary information. No third-party content should be published without prior permission from the owner.
- We do not make reference to customers, colleagues, suppliers or sub-contractors without their express prior approval.
- If any employee becomes aware of any negative comment made about the company, its brand, products or services on any social media they will not respond directly, but inform the Marketing Manager immediately.
- If any employee becomes aware of any negative comment made about the company, its brand, products or services on any social media they will not respond directly, but inform the Marketing Manager as soon as possible.
- Any person disregarding this policy will be subjected to the disciplinary process.
- The Company is committed to honesty, authenticity and accountability in all social media communications
These guidelines apply to all personnel. As social media is a fast-developing means of communication, any suggestions that may help us adapt to new issues or improve on these guidelines are welcomed.
These guidelines will be regularly reviewed by senior management to ensure continued effectiveness and improvement.